Monday 9 December 2013

December project: ongoing

For my December project I had been booked in well in advance by the always inspiring Cully of Morphe Arts. He has an annual party (Incarnation celebration) to celebrate Christmas and I was asked to supply a visual treat for the eyes. I am taking influence from T S Eliot's "Journey of the Magi".

I decided to do a bit of research into where T S Eliot was at the time of writing "Journey of the Magi" in 1927. He not only became a British citizen he also converted from Unitarianism to Anglicanism all in the same year as writing the poem. This got me thinking about the changes and journey that Eliot was embarking on.

Taking from this I decided to create a bit of a DIY experimental project. The concept is to use the mirrored viewfinder of a Kodak duaflex as a frame to film through. Then when editing to place two of these image beside each other using contrasting imagery to show the journey the Magi were on as well as the personal and theological "journey" that T S Eliot was on at the time of writing.

[caption id="attachment_3217" align="alignnone" width="1024"]20131209-120908.jpg A lovely nacho's box to assist with exposure for the image coming through the viewfinder of the duaflex inside. I used a piece of plywood for stability. I also put a hole in it at the camera end enabled me to put a screw from a tripod through to hold the camera in place.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3220" align="alignnone" width="525"]20131209-120925.jpg The upside down image that is seen through the kodak duaflex inside the box. Makes movement very confusing.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3219" align="alignnone" width="1024"]20131209-120918.jpg The V2.0 or Glasgow summer model[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3218" align="alignnone" width="1024"]20131209-120938.jpg What you can see in the viewfinder of my 550d. Lens being used is my staple 28mm Yashica.[/caption]

 

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="525"]danttv Dan who is supplying the reading of "Journey of the Magi" and also a very willing model.[/caption]

treettv

Will post the finished video up when its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment