Tuesday 12 November 2013

John Tavener


20131112-191937.jpg
Came as a shock at the end of today when I saw the news of John Tavener passing. I only recently become a fan after being mesmerised by his work on Malick's epic Tree of life.

20131112-191926.jpg
Currently now listening to his wonderful lp "The Whale". What a loss but it was great to see someone bring their faith thought their work. To take influence and passion from their faith and put it into their art form. Could only have dreamed of one day having him compose something for a film of mine. A sad day.

20131112-191238.jpg

I do however feel so inspired by his life and this quote stood out to me "my way towards God has been to write music". As someone who has struggled to feel inspired or uplifted by singing worship but yet capturing nature through a lens gives me a connection. Strange but a small thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment