Thursday 24 October 2013

Favourite album of all time

So I have started blogging again and on a variety of subjects. One of them being music. I should then start at the top and work my way on down.

Graceland by Paul Simon

Graceland by Paul Simon is my greatest album of all time. There you go, I said it.

After recently seeing NME journalists vote "The Queen is Dead" by The Smiths the greatest album of all time in a bizarre we-are-sorry-Morrisey-here's-some-free-publicity twist I was surprised to say the least. I am not saying its not a great album, it may even sneak on up into my top 10 but it really doesn't do it for me like Graceland.

Perhaps its based upon a childhood of Carol King or Paul Simon being played in the car during trips around Ireland. I suspect as such, its that nostalgic fuzzy feeling I get when 'Boy in the bubble' comes on. I didn't start listening to The Smiths till the 00's where as Paul has had a solid decade of play ahead.

Also and proof is in the above record, you can go into pretty much any charity shop in the UK and get a copy of Graceland for under a £1. Show me another great album (excluding The Vengaboys) that you can pick up for that price?

So here is the question, what is your greatest album of all time?

 

1 comment:

  1. Stevie Wonder – Innervisons
    or possibly Jacob do Bandolim – Original Classic Recordings Vol. I
    or maybe even Annie – Anniemal

    Very hard to disagree with Graceland, though...

    ReplyDelete