Sunday 13 October 2013

An amstrad project

Amstrad player

I have gone and got myself a small project. From the brain child of a certain lord sugar this amstrad beauty is in near perfect condition. Hardly used and with full manual it was good to go. It even came with the best of The Police cassette tape inside. Need I say more?

IMG_7613

The plan is to rip out the horrifically poor record player and replace it with something that sounds a bit more clear than the current cactus on a plastic stick sound I am getting at the moment.

IMG_7602

The innards are nice and clean with hardly even any dust. I suspect one careful OCD owner has had it for the last 30 years,

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello
    I like you Amstrad, i have almost the same Amstrad, me it's Amstrad TS 87 with BSR.
    Have you an idea of name of cellule BSR because the arm of BSR is broken .
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I like you Amstrad, i have almost the same Amstrad, me it’s Amstrad TS 87 with BSR.
    Have you an idea of name of cellule BSR because the arm of BSR is broken .
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi François,

    Rather than write a long post here I shall direct you to a thread I started on VinylEngine on this project. Lots of info to read through on there. http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62134
    My arm has a TETRAD CARTRIDGE + T30MS STYLUS.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete