Thursday 3 November 2011

Canon c300 - a basic view


So this is it. Canons rival to the Red. I would love to go into a load of detail regarding the 8mp sensor or the lack of AF etc but I really do not have the knowledge to back up how that makes it better or worse that anything else.
It means that this bit of kit is starting off at $16,000 and that is ridiculous if this is going to be considered against HDSLR's. I was thinking that this would be the new wave of HDSLR's that would not only change the indie film world but possibly beyond, but alas those dreams have been shattered by what looks like a mix between a Hasselblad, a 5d mII and a PD175.
I shan't be rushing to buy or use one and neither will many others I suspect.
In other news if you are planning on buying one to replace your 5d mII I will be more than happy to take it off your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment