Friday 19 August 2011

Post EdFringe, writing and VINYL TOUCH


So have not posted a blogspot in a while as I have been rather busy at work. After the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh I got a creative kick up the butt to get going with my creative output. I do of course have no current video recording device so I have continued to focus on photography and writing.

I wrote a short story the other week "The Young Boys" based on an event from Truman Capote's book "In Cold Blood". It is just a rough draft at the moment but its a rather good, even if I do say so myself. So that is on its way to you in the near future. I have also started to work on a few feature films that I have had churning round in my head for a few years and am considering developing one into a TV show for possible commissioning through the BBC. I got some great advice to try and submit an idea every month and to keep trying.

Well that is all long term . What has really got me blogging is some exciting news from about a short film idea I submitted to the 15 second film festival for possible funding.


VINYL TOUCH is a short film developed from an idea I had bashing around since finishing University. A concept that was just perfectly simple and engaging yet had pretty much no substance to it beyond just an idea.

It is now a short 15 second film that will be shot on location in Glasgow. The film is about a man who has a love for music and vinyl records. He however has a special talent that enables him to play vinyl records using his finger.

The short is in early pre-production stages. If you are interested in keeping up to date with all the goings on photographs, videos and rambles you can like, follow and read using the links below.

BLOG

TWITTER

FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment