Thursday 30 June 2011

Red Mist Vs o2

Had a rather eventful day yesterday, with spending time with family, travelling back to Glasgow and getting red mist rage at o2. So I have been a o2 customer for a decent like 5-6 years and have had the o2 WEB bolt-on (No relation to the stop class title challenging football team) for the past three years.
This was fine and I paid £7.50 for 500mb data, some free picture messages and free wifi with BT Openzone. How ever a friend mentioned the price of this Bolt On when they went to buy it was in fact £6. I thought it cannot be the same bolt on or perhaps I shall go to an o2 shop to settle my query.

I headed to the o2 in the fine sea side town of Bangor, Northern Ireland. I explained my query to the blonde girl who went to phone customer services to change it from the £7.50 to £6 (something I could just do in two minutes as that was not the reason for going to the shop).

My issue was that for the past three years I have monthly been paying o2 £7.50 for a service that they are charging other people £6 for. So I expect that with the maximum possibility of me being overcharged £54, I am likely to get some sort of refund.

The girl tells me thats it all sorted and now I will be charged the £6. I confirm that this is a good thing and then question how I get my money back. She smiles and states its only been changed for a few months(she never stated how many) and so it wasn't a big deal and any way she wasn't going to give me any money back as it was one of those things. I asked her to explain or justify it and she said that I could always phone up customer services and ask them. I am in the shop, how as a customer can my services not be adhered to.

I told her that this had been completely useless and it was ridiculous that o2 have been overcharging me and have admitted to it but yet will not refund me. If I had been under paying I am sure it would have been a very different situation.

Red Mist Out 0 - 54 o2

No comments:

Post a Comment