Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Chorus (2004) - A view


Well gave this a watch last night was not expecting a lot but had heard great things and was hoping for a bit of classic French film come teaching story with wayward kids similar to 'Goodbye, Mr.Chips' but with French . I was to say the least rather disappointed in the plot way to may cliché's and heart string pulling moments that just did not work. Characters were void of any real substance and 90% of the acting by the boys was twilight style gazes with glum faces. Have to admit it was a beautiful set and props which kept me enthralled. Some great cinematography but for an estimated budget of €5,500,000 you would hardly expect less. I would actually never watch it again and only would give it a 2/5. I was not captivated by the story or the singing and I am an ex choir boy I have seen this in real life. Il stick to my memories of incredible teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment