Friday 8 April 2011

The Sound of Music (1965) - A view


Watched this the other night for the first time and I will now break it down simply rather than getting into the whole complexities of a complete lack of plot and the search for what must be the worlds greatest navy captain. Anyway so the intro is clearly taken from the nazi propaganda film Triumph of the Willing which sets the tone for this Scary Movie 2 style parodying film.







I thought I would put in the top rated comment on Triumph of the Willing video on Youtube.
My second conclusion can be broken down into one image and one quote as shown below.
This film drags, you could cut out at least 2hours and it would still make the same amount of sense to me. As a musical it just dosent reach the heights set on my musical scale by such greats as Grease 2 and it will never get there end of. I will give it a solid 2/5 for attempting rather successfully at parodying Sister act and some great scenery. Thats about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment