Wednesday 16 February 2011

True Grit - A view

Why lie, I aint seen all of the original, due to shock horror me not being a big fan of 'the duke'.
True Grit was a bit of a disappointment on Coen Brother standards. I perhaps expected to much from it but its alright, a bit slow at times but the characters are great and Mattie Ross played by Hailee Steinfeld is a great performance. What steals the show I think has to be Matt Damons glorious mustache.

 Why he didn't have that during the Bourne trilogy is beyond me. Nobody messes with a man with a mustache. 



I have to admit that Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon could make a rather interesting remake of auld Brokeback mountain.

Overall I think its a decent film but deep down I still don't like westerns. No way to get around that. I think the Coen brothers have done a good job as per usual with the cinematography right the way through. It does not come close to No country for old men and no Steve Buscemi. Need I say more?
A solid 3.8/5. Didn't rock my world but it wasn't useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment