Sunday 17 October 2010

Exit Through The Gift Shop a Banksy film? - A view

Watched this the other day and really enjoyed it. A cracking film and edited by a man from Bristol, hard to critique.
The story of this MBW is annoying to say the least and I never grew to like the Thierry character which I guess is a great ploy by Banksy. There is some great footage of one of the most secretive styles of art that really lets you into the excitement and risk involved with it.
Of course we never get to see Banksy but we do get a lot more into his state of mind than I expected. Its really interesting to see his work shop area and all his drawings and ideas.



One of the artists that really caught my eye however was Zeus who as you can see below paints shadows. It looks incredible and yet is such a simple thing. 



Of course Thierry gets up and close to Zeus which is great but is obviously kinda annoying the guy.

Its a great film and I would highly recommend giving it a watch. Perhaps I would go as far as to say its worth 5 out of 5 but at numerous times I got so fed up with Thierry that it actually started to annoy me so we are talking more 4.6/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment